1 (210g) chicken thigh , cut into bite size
1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp light soy sauce
dash of pepper
100g young ginger, finely shredded
3 cloves garlic, minced
3g wood ear fungus, re-hydrated
8g dried shiitake mushroom, soaked and sliced
1/2 tbsp goji berries, washed and drained
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 1/2 cup water
1 tbsp wine (Stone's ginger wine or cognac)
- Marinate chicken pieces with cornstarch, light soy sauce and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan boil soaked wood ear fungus for about 10 minutes. Wash and drain, then cut into strips.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok and stir fry ginger and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in marinated chicken and fry over medium high fire until chicken has browned slightly. Toss in mushroom and wood ear fungus. Fry for about 1 - 2 minute.
- Add in water and bring to the boil. Put in goji berries, covered; then simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Pour in ginger wine/cognac. Allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
|I prefer cognac as I find Stone's wine too sweet to my liking|
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up
(April 2015 Event: Chicken) organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Diana of The Domestic Goddess Wannabe.