Recipe taken from Carol Easy Life using straight dough method.
170g bread/high protein flour
170g organic wholemeal bread flour
1 egg (about 40g)
3/4 tsp instant yeast
10g milk powder
3/4 tsp salt
1.5 tsp caster sugar
160g cold water
30g olive oil
- Place everything except olive oil into a mixer bowl fitted with a dough hook. Knead until well combined.
- Gradually add in olive oil and continue to knead until dough is smooth and elastic and passed the window pane test.
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover with cling wrap and let it rise until doubled in volume.
- Punch down to release trapped air. Divide dough into three equal portions and rest for 10 minutes.
- Flatten the dough into rectangular shape and roll them up like swiss rolls, then place them into a greased loaf pan (20 x 10 x 10 cm). Cover and let it proof again until almost doubled.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180 deg C for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove bread from the pan immediately and let it cool on a wire rack.