Recipe from Honey Bee Sweets' Fresh Blueberry Chiffon Cake with slight changes.
5 egg yolks
100g fresh blueberry compote (See below)
60ml fresh orange juice
80ml Rice Bran oil
130g cake flour
5 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale. Gradually add in oil, water and blueberry compote. Beat until well combined.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in the egg yolk mixture in a slow and steady stream.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until foamy, add in cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add in sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the flour/egg yolk mixture in 3 batches.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 20cm tube pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until cook.
- Remove cake from the oven and invert the pan to cool.
- Unmould the cake when it is completely cool.
100g fresh blueberry
1 tsp lemon juice
3 tbsp caster sugar
- Place all the ingredients into a small saucepan and cook under low heat. Stir to combine and cook until blueberries start to break down.
- Continue to stir gently until it thickens. Remove from heat and let it cool.