Source: Nasi Lemak Lover and Lite Home Bake
3 egg yolks
25g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
70g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 egg whites
20g caster sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar
icing sugar for dusting
1 cup whipping cream
15 - 20g icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Sift flour and baking powder twice. Set aside.
- Using a handheld electric beater, beat egg whites until foamy, add in cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add in sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until pale. Add in oil, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Mix well. Beat the mixture into flour. Set aside.
- Fold 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk batter. Gently fold until combined. Add in the rest of the meringue.
- Fill in paper cups to almost full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cupcakes in the oven with door ajar for 5 minute.
- Transfer the cupcakes onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat cream with icing sugar until firm. Transfer into a piping bag and pipe the whipped cream into the cupcake and decorate with a raspberry. Refrigerate cupcakes.
- Dust icing sugar over the cupcakes before serving.