Recipe taken from here.
Ingredients: (Makes 12)
230g plain flour
150g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
115g walnuts, toasted and chopped coarsely
50g chocolate chips
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
113 g butter, melted and cooled
454g bananas, mashed (Reserve 12 slices of banana)
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients in (A).
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the wet ingredients in (B).
- With a spatula, lightly fold the wet ingredients (B) into the dry ingredients (A) until just combined. The batter should be thick and chunky. Do not over mix the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins and place a slice of banana on top.
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes or until cooked.
- Cool the muffins for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.