150g shredded wheatmeal biscuits
90g butter, melted
- Process biscuits in a food processor; add the melted butter and mix to combine.
- Pour biscuit crumbs into a lined loaf pan (21 x 10 cm) and press crumbs over the base of pan to form a crust. Chill in the fridge while preparing the filling.
250g cream cheese, softened
250g strawberries, washed and cut into halves
6 extra strawberries, halved
250ml thickened cream
- Place strawberries and sugar in a saucepan. Cook under low heat until strawberries softened. Blend and then strain. This will yield about 500ml strawberry puree.
- Dissolve gelatin in the strawberry puree.
- Place chilled cream in a bowl and beat until soft peaks form.
- Beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add strawberry puree into the cheese, beating well to combine.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour half of the cream cheese mixture into the prepared pan. Place some cut strawberries on the mixture and then pour the rest of the cream cheese mixture over the strawberries.
- Chill the cheesecake overnight.
- Serve with some fresh strawberries.