150g self-raising flour
75g wholemeal flour/plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
pinch of salt
100g brown sugar
60g dates, chopped
2 ripe bananas (1 cup), mashed
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup milk
1 egg, beaten lightly
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Place the oven rack in the centre of the oven.
- Lightly greased muffin pans.
- Sift flour, soda bicarbonate, baking powder & salt into a large bowl. Add sugar and dates; mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the dried ingredients and add bananas, oil, milk, yogurt and egg. Gently stir with a fork until just combined. Do not over mix. The batter should be quite wet.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans.
- Bake muffins for 20 mins. A skewer inserted into the centre of a cooked muffin should come out with no batter attached.