600g minced pork/chicken
3 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce (optional)
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp Shao Hsing wine
1 tsp Mei Kuei Lu Chiew (rose wine)
1/8 tsp liquorice powder
1 tbsp oil
- Marinate minced pork with all the above ingredients. Leave it overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Place marinated meat on a piece of baking paper and cover with clingwrap. Using a rolling pin, roll the meat to a thickness of about 2mm.
- Remove the clingwrap and place the baking paper with the meat on a tray.
- Bake the meat in the preheated oven for about 20 mins. Turn it over and bake for a further 15 minutes. Take it out from the oven.
- Cut the meat with scissors into smaller squares and grill the meat on both sides until you achieve the desired colouring.